Welcome And A Good ------ ------ There Are Enjoying Hardcore News! ------ Thank You For Visiting The Hardcore News Web Site! ------ The Most Comprehensive Global News On The Internet! ------ Your , Area's Most Updated News In The , AND THE WORLD! ------ PLEASE NOTE: Hardcore News Is Best If Used With Firefox Or Google Chrome Gecko Type Browser: ------ Hardcore News Web Site Is Best Using A Screen Setting Of 1024 X 768 Or Higher... ------ Your Current IP Address Is From Internet Provider ... This is All We Know About You, Ever Wonder What Kind Of Information Other Web Sites Could Get From Your Computer?... PLEASE BE CAREFUL Who You Share Information With Online! ------ By submitting personal information to any U.S. website, you are consenting that your information is being maintained and or being used here in the United States, is subjected to applicable U.S. laws. Thus... U.S. law may be different than the laws of your home country. ------ Hardcore News IS SAFE! We Never Track Your Moves Or Sell Your Information. ------ The Only Bull-Sh-t On This Site Is The Propaganda! ------ Stay Informed With The Hardcore News ------ All News is AUTO-UPDATED - AUTO-GENERATED Via Keyword Search Terms And Use Of RSS Based News Feeds And Tabbed Headlines On One Page ------ News From Over 40 Reliable News Sources, Even The News Your Not Supposed To Know! ------ PROVIDING UP TO THE MINUTE NEWS With LIVE Video Feeds FROM AROUND THE WORLD! ------ OUR NEWS IS ALWAYS FRESH DIRECTLY FROM THE SOURCE! ------ Again Thank You For Visiting The Hardcore News ------ If You Like This Project And Would Like To See & Help It Grow, Please Consider Donating What Ever You Can By Secure PayPal CLICK HERE ------ Please make a gift to Hardcore News today. Your continued support will ensure that Hardcore News is here reporting THE TRUTH, for a long time to come. It's fast, easy and secure. And Thank You, ------ Only YOU Can Make This Project Worth While! ------ Again Thank You For Visiting The Hardcore News ------
Hardcore Main Stream
Top Stories

Mid East Watch

Politics

Tech News

Entertainment

Sports News


Sunday, July 4, 2010

Most People Don't Care

1-7-2010 @ 06:20 PM by Tha Girl They Call Roc

I have been talking to people across the US about the disaster in the Gulf, and most of the people that I have spoken with don't care - especially the people on the west coast.
I have asked my friends to boycott BP, and NO ONE has. One person who lives in California said, "I don't care. BP has cheap gas, and I'm not going to let it affect my family or my lifestyle. I will still get my gas where it's cheap and close to my house." That same person went on to say, "I get my seafood from Thailand."
This is the basic attitude I have encountered. The only people who care at all are those in the immediate surrounding areas, the people who have oil washing up on their shores - others couldn't care less.
A New Yorker said, "So what? Katrina was a disaster, too, but people got through THAT."
No amount of reasoning, facts, or information has seemed to make a difference. People might die? So what?
I thought most people cared, but as it turns out, they don't. Now I understand why our government doesn't care. If the people don't care, why should they?
People only seem to care about what directly affects them. They don't care if it will affect them in the future. They don't care about anything but themselves here and now.
This is how these corporations push on and get away with so much - more people don't care than do.
I feel like I'm being betrayed by the whole world. I feel so insignificant, and there's nothing I can do about it.
Am I alone in feeling this way, and getting nothing but apathy from almost everybody?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06:24 PM by James Battleworthy
Most People Don't Care. I totaly agree with your thread. Ive faced the same problems. Im looked at like an idiot for showing concern. Its astonishing, the problem is everyone has lost there critical thinking ability. or it has been subdued by chemicals and tv, and nonsense distraction. and weve been desensitized to feel no empathy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1-7-2010 @ 07:03 PM by Ektar
I can totally relate to your feelings. I tried to have a conversation with a friend of mine. I told her this disaster was really tripping me out due to all the devastation now as well as the future & I'm more devastated about the animals since I work with many species of animals. She said " yeah it's bad and I feel sorry for the people who live down there but I have to go collect my eggs". She has never said another thing about it & of course I have not mentioned it again...
There is an age difference...I'm 49 & she's in mid to late 60's...I often wonder if there is not only maybe a difference in some people caring verses others due to age, up bringing, way of life, & etc. I don't exactly fit or relate to the Baby Boomers, more to Gen X...I was a professional drummer...raised in the south but lived most of my adult yrs in Los Angeles as a pro drummer. All of my friends were totally into the environment & cared deeply about issues re any life. I'm living the 2nd half of my life working with animals & now reside in VA & the person I referred to earlier is from MD.
Sorry didn't mean for this to be so long & I hope I didn't bore you guys.
Also re an earlier post boycotting BP, maybe the person in CA was not only going there for cheaper gas but the owner of the gas station probably is just one of us & owns a franchise not realizing he was going to be screwed in all this mess. I wonder how much the gas station owners really know about their specific company as far as the secretive aspects.

Cheerio!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1-7-2010 @ 07:18 PM by elocin
I get this too from people when I talk about it, and I think a big reason for it is because it's such a negative thing. No one wants to think about big doom and gloomy things. Tell them you read something that makes it seem really bad, and they're like "Yeah, I don't want to know. I don't want to think about the end of the world".
I get criticized because I come to this website to stay informed on current events, people patronizingly say things like "You believe the world is going to end in 2012....no wait, make that 2011!", and "You think the world is flat and hollow", when I don't really "believe" these things, I just read about them and find them interesting subjects. There is no difference though to most people. They won't even give it a second thought.. I'm the crazy one for caring. It's normal to be ignorant because that's what keeps people in their day to day lives. It's like 1984, you need to have the "doublethink" mind-set to stay thought of as sane. If you don't, people can see it. You're thought of as "different". I think it's linked to the unemployment, too. You're not as good of a slave when you know you're a slave.


http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread589587/pg1

Hardcore News Is Brought To You By...

Facebook Social & Comments

Hardcore Links